No longer living in the realms of daggy fashions, cardigans can be a stylish, comfortable and cosy choice, especially during these times spent mostly at home. Looking fab and feeling good has never been easier with the current knitwear trends. The snugness is not diminished by the on-trend prints we’re and all of your favourite hug-worthy textures remain, even in the elevated cuts like waterfall cardigans, collarless or “coatigan” styles – that’s like a hybrid coat and cardigan!
We’ve put together our top 10 favourite cardigan-led outfits from Australian retailers who are, like many, doing it tough right now. Most physical stores are closed but many are still accepting online orders. Please consider supporting these mature Aussie brands because we have to ask ourselves, who will make it through to reopen when this has all passed?
- BLACK PEPPER – this cardigan has us drooling! Traditional leopard colour ways don’t suit everyone so we’re super keen on these monochrome tones – they look fantastic paired with fresh whites.
- SUSSAN – these earthy hues are beautiful for autumn so why not go for a trifecta of tonal colour this season – instant scerenity.
- CROSSROADS – Cargo pants are back! The practical pant has a welcome change in this incarnation with more of a soft drape fit than the unflattering boxy styles of the 2000’s.
- RODNEY CLARK – You can’t beat the comfort-combination of harem pants and a flowing hem top! If you feel a little swamped in this look we would suggest a very loose front tuck to elongate the leg.
- SPORTSCRAFT – If it’s not really that cold yet in your part of Australian there are some great deals on linens at the moment. Add a trusty cardigan for cool changes of course.
- NONI B – If you want to feel a bit neater then opt for a “Coatigan” with some structure to it and fab jeggings that look smart but are far more comfortable than regular jeans.
- BLUE ILLUSION – Statement cardigans like this knockout don’t need much else but your basics in an array of neutrals.
- W. LANE – This chic outfit will put just the spring in your step to help lift your mood on what may be a tough day. It’s amazing what a spruce up can do for your psyche.
- MILLERS – We make no secret of the fact that we love a good denim and stripe combo – it’s the ultimate in smart, casual and a bit preppy fashion.
- AUTOGRAPH – the colourless trio of grey, black and white are an absolute failsafe. Just chose the hue that suits you most to frame your face.
More from Smart. Casual. Classic.