We attended the Autumn Styling Sessions held our local Rodney Clark store and boy did it get us in the mood for the cool change. Rodney Clark cater for the mature fashion-conscious customer who wants to remain stylish and still play with trends – basically us! Tones, lengths thoughtful cuts make for a flattering collection that you can effortlessly build a capsule wardrobe from for this season and beyond. See the lovely staff models here, how they put together their looks and our standouts.
- Emma is wearing this lovely soft knit that has a mixture of subtle colours throughout the pattern so you can pick up on each of them to pair more items with. Here Emma has drawn out the greens in the knit with these comfy khaki pants.
- Mary is styled here wearing a look that we always love at Smart. Casual. Classic. – a smart printed anorak with simple neutrals. These items could seamlessly be worn with other styles for different occasions – dress up the slacks with blingy extras or pair the jacket with denim and trainers for the weekend errands.
- Broken record alert: we LOVEa blazer! If you don’t own a blazer then reconsider your wardrobe. We rarely picture these smart jackets in an office, more so in a casual sense with jeans and gorgeous flats. Or if you have a pretty dress that needs dressing down for a day event, look for a natural fibre blazer to complete the look.
- Trend to watch: military everything! It doesn’t mean you have to wear khaki if you don’t like it, the fad has many incarnations like this pretty yellow-toned jacket. Fabulous for those who also enjoy bomber styles but are looking for something more elevated for an important event. Note: Meg on the right of this picture is wearing traditional military trend with the camo print pants.
- A classic camel coat can be worn like Emma to Saturday sports or a weekend in the country or paired with your favourite black dress and heels. This timeless style in a versatile colour will be worth every one of your dollars.
- Keen for a failsafe outfit combo? Find a swing, mid-length top in a beautiful print, paired with slim fitted white pants that pick up on the print and your favourite killer flats. The best part is you can wear ponte pants or pull up jeans with this look as the midline is completely covered. It’s stylish and uber comfortable – yes, please!
- There is quite a bit in the Rodney Clark range that you can build a capsule wardrobe from. If you’re a pink lover then starting with these soft printed pants and pairing back from there you can build an interchangeable wardrobe with ease thanks to the matching tones and prints throughout the store.
- Calling all comfort addicts! We were intruded by this loungewear look modelled here by Mary. Made in a beautiful jersey fabric you can head out in your comfy clothes without sacrificing style.
- Although it wasn’t modelled we had to include this dress! Wear this all frocked up to the races or layer over black ponte pants with leather sandals and a yellow scarf to hit the shops.
- This shirt is a standout for us! LOVE this print that would be beautiful with white pants, it would look fab worn open as well and the gathered detail at the hem just tips us over the edge – we’d live in this.
- Also worth noting that these jeans are not only elasticated pull-ups, they are also reversible. Yep, one side is this fun leopard print and the other is plain blue denim. There are no tags to give away your secret and we enjoy how Meg has demonstrated the way you can cuff when with a little leopard showing.
- Lastly, we can’t get enough of the long shirt. Fabulous as a beach cover-up or worn white pants and heels. Just pick your favourite print and wear it around the clock.
Thanks for having us, Rodney Clark!
2 thoughts on “Rodney Clark Styling Sessions – Perfect for the Mature Fashion-Conscious woman.”
Just wondering if you hold styling workshops for the general public to book?
Hi Joanne, do you have a local Rodney Clark? They do these sessions about quarterly and they’re open to the public. You can see the upcoming events here and keep an eye out for new ones. https://www.facebook.com/pg/RodneyClarkStores/events/?ref=page_internal
I also do personal shopping if that is something of interest? If so please just let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’d love to help!